Simple Yoga Poses To Improve Flexibility
Do you want to enhance your flexibility & wider range of motion but don’t know practicing which poses will help in getting better results? Well, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll guide how one can easily enhance their flexibility by practicing certain yoga poses. Flexibility is a true blessing that provides your body more freedom to move & also helps in minimizing the chances of injuries. The basic motive of everyone who performs yoga regularly is to improve their flexibility level. Flexible muscles can carry out any tasks easily. Apart from staying healthy, yoga can help you in improving overall flexibility which is beneficial for your body to stay agile.
There is a major misconception in people’s mind that to be able to perform yoga, one needs to have a flexible body. Yoga can be done by anyone regardless of their flexibility level. From an endless list of incredible yoga poses, we’ve narrowed down a list of the top 3 yoga poses that will help you in improving your flexibility. If your hamstrings, shoulders, calves, and hips are tight then practicing these yoga poses can add a lot of flexibility in your body.
Reclined big toe pose
The first yoga pose which can help you in attaining flexibility in your body is reclined big toe pose. Practicing this yoga pose will help in stretching your hamstrings, hips, and calves. All you have to do is:
- Begin by lying on your yoga mat, make sure to keep your leg straight
- Now, fit a yoga strap around your instep and raise your right knee towards your chest
- Extend the right leg towards the rooftop & make sure that your other feet are flat on the floor with your hips properly settled on the floor.
- Using a yoga strap will ensure to keep your foot raised
- Maintain this posture for a few breaths then switch the leg and repeat.
Downward facing dog
This yoga pose is much common among yoga beginners as it is great for boosting flexibility in the hamstring & calves. To practice this pose, all you have to do is:
- Stand straight on your feet with your hips-wide apart
- Now bend forward and press your palms on the floor
- Make sure to keep your shoulders in a straight line with your back and your knees should straight
- An inverted v shape will be formed so maintain this posture for few breaths
This yoga pose is great for expanding the lateral flexibility of the body. Spinal twist targets the muscles of the spine, neck & shoulder. While doing this yoga pose, you have to be extra careful as too much pressure can result in injuries. To practice this pose, all you have to do is:
- Sit down on your yoga mat, keeping your torso and legs straight & firm.
- Now, place your right foot just over the outer edge of the left thigh.
- Slowly twist your upper body to the right, keeping your right hand behind you
- Now, slowly move your neck towards the right. Make sure not to stretch any movement too much.
- Maintain this posture for few breaths then change sides.
By improving the flexibility of the body, you can improve your physical health as higher flexibility will provide your better muscle strength and less chance of sports injuries.