Best Yoga Poses for Kids
Introducing yoga to kids is a great way to build a strong foundation of life-long well-being. Yoga helps in improving the overall well-being of the kids so every parent should incorporate yoga practice in their kid’s lifestyle from an early age. Yoga benefits not only the kid’s physical wellbeing but also his mental well-being. Teaching yoga to kids can help in building a better body, self-control, and many other benefits to kids.
By engaging your kids in yoga practice, you can help them gain physical, mental and spiritual energies which will help in improving overall wellness. The main purpose of introducing yoga to your kids is to keep them both mentally & physically active. You can start with simple yoga poses to improve flexibility of your kids.
In this article, we’ve rounded up some of the best yoga poses for kids to improve their overall well-being:
Tree pose is a great yoga pose for kids as it teaches them to attain inner strength & focus. Just like a tree, kids have to stand straight balancing the weight of the body upon one foot. This pose helps in improving concentration & strength in the kid’s mind & body. Kids can also gain flexibility by performing this yoga pose.
How to do:
- Stand straight on the yoga mat with focused vision as it will help in maintaining balance.
- Now, lift your right leg in the air & keep it over the left thigh
- Make sure to engage your core and breathe deeply
- Remain in this posture for a few breaths then change sides
The next amazing yoga poses for kids is cobra pose. It helps in improving the strength of abs & sturdy back. Practicing this yoga pose will help in keeping the issue of obesity at bay.
How to do:
- First of all, lie face down keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Now, keep your palms on either side then lift your back towards the back engaging the abdomen
- Make sure to keep your chin up & avoiding putting extra pressure on the hands.
- Hold this posture for a few seconds then release
The next pose that you can teach your kids is bow pose. It will help in strengthening the chest & shoulder muscles. Practicing this yoga pose will also help in improving posture & aid digestion.
How to do:
- Lie down on your belly with your hands by the body
- Now, bend your knees and raise it towards the back of your head
- Place your hand on the ankles and lift your heels upwards
- Make sure to gaze forward keeping your body off the mad
- Hold this posture for a few breaths then release
So, these were some kid-friendly yoga poses that every kid should practice. Yoga has innumerable benefits for kids so every parent should encourage their kids to adapt to this unique approach to life.